Friday, March 15, 2013

i don't read. but i am. and my heart hurts.

my name's bethany.
i dislike reading.


most of the time.

a friend of mine, over christmas break, suggested i read kisses from katie by katie davis. she briefly summarized it and offered to let me borrow her copy. but there was a problem. if i am going to read a book, i am not just going to read a book....i am going to write in it. i love writing in books. (if you are an avid book lover, please forgive me. i mean no harm.) i love writing. i love sharing books. i love love love it. i love getting books back and reading what other people wrote, circled, or underlined. this first started when i lent my purpose driven life to my older sister. (who is an avid book lover and would kill me if i ever wrote in one of her books...or folded the corner of the page....yep. i am one of those too.) anyway, she read through the book and then gave it back to me. i had the lovely pleasure of going through and reading her notes. i am pretty sure i told her she HAD to write in it. (i probably just about killed her ha) wow i feel like this is a really long tangent. back to the book kisses from katie. i needed my own copy. so i got one. and read the first...mmmmm....three pages. (?) i brought it back to school with me, and didn't touch it. (i am telling you, i am not an avid book lover) i even brought the book with me over spring break. did i read it? guess.

yea i did. don't be hatin'. you all thought i didn't. well, i read like three more pages...maybe.

the week after spring break is/was super busy. but i picked up this wonderful book and kept reading. i love it. it amazes me. and i am only on page 93. it is even taking a ton of effort to type this and not be reading.

so what is the whole point of me telling you this? well, i hate spoilers. so i am not going to tell you the whole book (ha because i only what happens up to page 93 haha). but it is about a woman with a beautiful hear named katie. she goes to uganda. she teaches kindergarten, at the ripe age of eighteen. God takes her story even further than that. the things that happen in this book make my heart hurt but i am happy to know that God has placed specific people in uganda, people like katie, to do His work. i am not going to tell you anymore about the book, but i do think that you should check it out and look at her blog. =) she runs a wonderful ministry, which you will learn about when you read the book. because you will read the book. check it out. trust me.

-b

here is the blog: http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/

here is where you can buy her book: http://www.amazon.com/Kisses-Katie-Story-Relentless-Redemption/dp/1451612095/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363409762&sr=8-1&keywords=kisses+from+katie

(look how helpful i am. i even gave you links. you're welcome.)

No comments:

Post a Comment