Monday, January 13, 2014

2014: watch out. Jesus & i are ready.

it is never too late to blog about new years resolutions...right? 

2014: who knows what is going to happen? [okay...God does. but he knows EVERYTHING.]
some people come up with resolutions. some people have a word they focus on. i chose a word [mainly because if i made resolutions [like become an avid exerciser] i would feel obligated to do it. and we all know i don't want to do that. so. the word. the word of the year is abide. 

//i love my definition [and i just how the word looks in general. it's classy.] if you look up the definition you might get some answers i don't like. so i will give you my definition from the daily word usage dictionary of bethany cummins [yes this really does exist. and no it is not a new thing.] ::abide: to dwell, remain, stay, reside, endure, sustain, withstand. 

my word comes from:
john 15:4 
"dwell in Me, and I will dwell in you. [live in Me, and I will live in you.] just as no branch can bear fruit of itself without abiding in (being vitally united to) the vine, neither can you bear fruit unless you abide in Me."

:this is my word and my focus for the year. where God is going to take it, i am unaware. but i wait. expectant of what he will do. through all of life's circumstances that will be thrown at me this year, i will choose [or at least have the plan to choose] to abide in Christ. do you have any resolutions or perhaps a word you are focusing on? 

2 comments:

  1. Love your word for the year!

    My word is gather...My prayer for 2014 is that God will gather His people and that together we will gather around the fire that is His Word in order to continue in the hope that we have in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that victoria! such a great word and message! what does that look like to you?

    ReplyDelete