Sunday, January 5, 2014

you changed my world -- new years 2013 edition

you changed my world: the people i meet that in one way or another changed my life for the moments they are in it, however brief they are. enjoy.

[it might help if you try to envision me reading this to you. if i have never met you...you can make up what you think i would sound like. k thanks.]

to the 50 year old man with the camo hat, blue striped carhartt shirt and full beard [who is on his 3rd marriage]: thank you for your marriage advice and the world war II history lesson.

to the well-dressed man with the ends of his mustache curled: thank you for being awesome. if i was a man, i would want to look like you.

to the lady carrying the sleeping puppy: can i have it?

to the lady in the adorable vintage shoes with the tattoos peaking out of her sleeves: you are a knitting goddess. a sweater?! teach me your ways.

to the man with the carhartt coveralls, extra-tuff boots, and flannel: you're long white beard stands out. your costume isn't fooling me. i know you are santa claus. don't be ashamed that christmas is over. we all look forward to next year. but could you maybe send a little less cold and snow?

to the grandma who flew to alaska from texas to have a snowball flight with her grandchild: will you adopt me as your grandchild? i like presents that involve money. and my birthday is in february.

to the same grandma resting her head on her husband's shoulder: i want to be just like you.

to the lady in chicago who asked me all about my life and has visited my home town: i am glad you enjoyed juneau. now leave me alone so i can sleep.

to the smoker who said he would get sick from smoking outside in the cold: ......what about just smoking in general?


i'll probably never see you again but you changed my life like no one else could.
thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment