Thursday, June 5, 2014

constant.

being consistent is hard. [who knew?]
probably because i am human [but also that's probably not a good excuse].

do you know when the last time i blogged was? [ha me either!]
blogging is really hard. because i need to have something to say. and then gather the motivation to actually write it. i really do love writing, and blogging, and reading. but it's hard.

consistency. 

my friend kimberly recently came and visited me [when i say me, i really mean alaska]. i like kimberly a lot, we are pals. the last time i saw kim before she left i said, "keep in touch". she then said, "out of sight, out of mind".

i may or may not have told her that when people are not directly in my life [as in i don't see you on a weekly basis] it is really, REALLY hard for me to keep up with you. i may have even used the saying "out of sight, out of mind" [kim has a good memory]. it's not that i don't like you because really i do. my brain just has a hard time keeping track. and probably i will pull the "i am busy" card. so, ya. relationships are hard.

consistency.

if being consistent with people is hard, you can image being consistent in my relationship with God is hard too. because of time. i don't like to give my time up and i like making myself busy. so sometimes i make myself too busy. and what i recognized myself goes right along with a quote i heard:

"if the devil can't make you bad, he'll make you busy."

this is such a truth. i am learning to protect my sacred time with Jesus.

praise the Lord that God is faithful and his love is constant, even if i'm not.

***if you have any suggestions how to do any of these things more consistently, i would love love love to hear them! 


here's to more consistent blogging, relationships, and time with Jesus.

- b



1 comment:

  1. Oh Bethany, I know you posted this JUST for me. Everything you said is so true. I too struggle with consistency. Thanks for reminding me that I need to be better at it in every area of my life.

    ReplyDelete